Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mother


My Director's mother went to be with the Lord last night. She was 90 years old & had lived a full life. It was tough seeing a man that can make me laugh & turn around & make me want to quit my job, so subdued. My heart goes out to him & his family.

It has brought to mind the death of my own beautiful mother. She was only 39 when she went home to be with the Lord. I was 21 & with a baby. The devastation I felt at that time still hits me hard. She was the backbone of our family & her smile lit up the room when she walked in. Her singing could make Angels weep from the sheer beauty of her voice. I have felt my mother with me at times. It is so comforting to know that I can still feel her presence at times. But there have been times when I have felt her absence so keenly that it brought me to my knees. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her & wish for her guidance & to hear her sweet voice.

All of this to say that if you are still blessed with the presence of your mom, give her a hug & tell her how much you love her. You never know when it will be the last time.

Mom, I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Karen, my friend, what a beautiful way to say I love you mom. I'm sorry she went away at such a young age. I know she is watching over you and her grandchildren and greatgrandchildren even as I write this note to you. Bless you girl and bless your family. My prayers are for you and your director and his family as well. Your mom was beautiful.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Beth! She was one of the most beautiful spirits. But I know I will see her again one these days and I will hear her sing again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, I feel such a kinship with you reading this sweet post about your mom. You were only 21 and with a baby, oh how hard that must have been. My mom was the backbone of our family, too, and my absolute best friend. She never knew my children, died right before my first was born. Even after all these years, I still feel the loss every day. Sometimes I just find myself suddenly teary and wanting to cry out like a kid "I want my Mom, I want my Mom."

    Hugs to you dear. We were blessed with wonderful mommas and someday we'll see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You do know how I feel! I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks right now. There are times that I can't hardly stand the pain. Moms are supposed to make everything alright & when I'm having a bad time of it,I sure wish she was here.

    And yes, I fully believe we will see our mommas again. Thank you, Shari, for reminding me of that.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete