Monday, January 19, 2009

Girl Trip




My sister came down this weekend & we drove to Hico, Texas. Hico is a small, rustic town approximately 2 - 2 1/2 hours southwest of Dallas. It boasts the fact that Billy the Kid lived & died there & they celebrate that fact with a yearly festival, I believe.

They have a wonderful antique store called Homestead. It has the most eclectic, wonderful, unusual antiques & treasures that I've ever seen! The original store is in Fredricksburg, Texas.
Now THAT'S a town to go shopping in!

I hope Dawn from The Feathered Nest doesn't mind that I'm using her idea to show you some of the goodies I purchased while we were in Hico.



We also visited Room No. 5 & Sugar Moon. These are wonderful stores to visit if you get a chance. Here are a couple of other treasures I found. Not quite sure what I'll do with them yet, but they please me just looking at them!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, thanks for sharing the pictures of Hico. It sounds like a lot of fun. The things you bought are really sweet. And if they make you happy then why not.
    Hope you are well. How's the diet going?
    Beth
    PS You did a great job of photographing the things you bought.

    ReplyDelete