Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Name is Karen & I'm a Food Addict!

It's true! I LOVE food! I love to cook it, look at it, & especially EAT IT! That is why I am in the
condition I am in today! BUT! I have joined Weight Watchers (WW) & the YMCA (Y) & Monday night when I weighed in, I had lost 5 lbs! You may be asking why I am telling you this....well, I figure that the more people I tell, the more reason I will have to be accountable!

But I do have to say that part of my weight problem was due to the fact that I was born into it! LOL! My sweet grandmother (Nanaw), on my mother's side, probably weighed 350 lbs. She made the BEST potato salad (see, food again)!! And she gave the best hugs! Now, on the other hand, my grandpa (Pa), was as thin as a rail! There is a children's rhyme that comes to mind when I think of those two. "Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean." But, my Pa could play the harmonica like nobody's business! One of my favorite songs that he would play was "Shenendoah". He had a laugh that would put a smile on anyone's face!

So, anyway, that was a small intro to my family. I LOVE my family!

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I just want to commend you on your giant step to join Weight Watchers. My sister-in-law joined and she has kept the weight of for several years. It's a life style change and that's not easy. So my prayers are with you. I would have loved to here you Pa play the harmonica. That must have been something.

    "Beth" @ barn owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would've got a kick out of my Pa! He was something else! Thank you so much for the prayers! I fully believe in the power of prayer....for everything! I know this will have to be a life style change. I WILL make it work! Again, thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I am excited about your journey to becoming more healthy. Way to go girl! I am going to keep an eye on your progress and I am going to start today to try and catch up. Thanks for the encouragement! (came over from the Feathered Nest)
    Blessings, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candy! Thank you for your support! It's so much easier when you've got someone cheering you on. Come on & join me!!!

    ReplyDelete