Monday, January 26, 2009

Less of Me

I

Thank you, Beth, for the sweet comments about my photography. Sometimes I can see things in my mind, but they don't always come about! You asked about my diet. It's funny you mention that word. At Weight Watchers tonight, our leader asked us what "diet" meant. Here are the definitions that were tossed out.....

.....a four letter word ( really bad!), deprivation, DIE with a T., it has a beginning & and an ending, etc. So I'm choosing NOT to use the word "diet" & instead, I'm using my new eating "lifestyle". Because for me, it has to be a lifestyle. I can't stop. But anyway, in answer to your question, I've lost another 1.6 lbs. for a total of 9.4 (last week I gave you a wrong total. Should've been 7.8). So thank you all for the well wishes on my eating journey. I feel good & positive!

4 comments:

  1. Karen,everyone has something. For me it was alcohol. I couldn't stop. But with prayer and help from my family, and AA I haven't had a drink in nearly 19 years. It's amazing to me. It was a lifestyle change too. In the beginning it was hard, but it got easier as time went by. I had to find other things to do, I had to change. You can do this! You have a good start. My prayers are with you. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, It's me Beth. I hope I didn't scare you with my bluntness. It's just how I am. I'm not afraid to share my experience. It may help someone else. Hope you are doing well. Keep in touch.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you didn't scare me at all! I am taking this thing one meal at a time & with LOTS of prayer!!! My family is the best support ever! And, my friend, I am very proud of you! 19 years is HUGE!!!!!! Thank you for being here with me!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, so glad to see your post. I think I've got some of the bugs worked out. Still learning how to navigate around blogworld, its fun but it sure can be confusing.
    I'm happy you have good family support. I'ts so important.
    Thanks for reading my blog about bridges. I think many people fear them. My husband oand I love to visit Portland Oregon and there are several bridges there crossing the Willamette River. It's a beautiful city.
    Many years ago I was on the Macanaw Bridge in Michigan, it was a freak out.
    Have a great week end Karen
    Beth

    ReplyDelete