Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pages

Pages.....where do I start? I have a wonderful group of artist friends that are such an inspiration to me & I believe, each other. They are all totally different from me. And that's why I love them so!

Two years ago, we all decided that we would do a group project; even though we all lived far apart from each other! Well, 3 of us live in the same town, but the other 2 are in New Hampshire & New Mexico. We each chose a color & this color would be what we did our own pages in. Different shades of each color. Each page would be 8x14 ( yeah, if you're a scrapper like me, you know that most of the wonderful papers come 12 x 12). We would each do 10 pages & when we met up again, we'd all bring our pages & divide them up amongst ourselves so that we would all have a part of each other. We were also to create a port folio to hold these pages in....yeah, I haven't done mine yet! Oh well!

So, I'd like to share my pages with you. My color is GREEN. There are other colors mixed in & all different shades of green. The other colors chosen by my friends are RED, BROWN, ORANGE, & WHITE. I can't wait until we're all together again!

Here is my first page. This page is on Celia Thaxter - author, poet, artist, gardener. My old boss & mentor introduced her to me. She lived on an island off the coast of New Hampshire in the late 1800's. I actually got to go to the islands (Star Island) & visit the site where her home was & where her garden still thrives today. I cannot explain the joy I felt standing there. My old boss & I just cried. It was a magical trip! I invite you to Google Celia & Star Island. I think you might just find an old friend!





3 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, what a wonderful collage and such a beautifull tribute to an awesome women. I din't know you were into collage, or I guess this is scrapbooking? Anyway I love it. Keep em coming.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Karen, having friends to collaborate with is such fun. The distance doesn't matter. How awesome to have friends to play with, and bounce ideas off of.
    beth again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Beth! I guess it could be scrapbooking. I would love for my layouts to be like this. Hmmm.... I see so many collages that I adore & think it's too hard. This was really hard for me. Do you find it easy? I just keep plugging along. Hopefully, one of these days, it'll get easier. It's the same with my watercolor painting. Totally scares me to death before I get it on paper, but once I start painting, it's not so scary anymore.

    Thanks for looking & your positive comments! It really means a lot!

    ReplyDelete