Friday, March 20, 2009

Sandy, DQ & the cemetary


What a day! We had to take Sandy, our precious doggy, to the vet this morning. She has a lump in her groin area. They stuck a needle in it & drew some cells. They will send those off to Washington to be tested to see if it's cancerous. I covet your prayers! I can't stand the thought of something bad happening to this precious little soul.


As a treat, we then took Sandy to the next town & went to have lunch at Dairy Queen!! She so loves to go bye-bye! We sat out in the truck & had hamburgers & french fries! (yes, I stayed up with my points. Doing great!)

Then on the way home, we stopped by the cemetary where my mother & grandparents are buried. It's been a while since I've been there, but it was a lovely day to stop. There were some iris plants in bloom & the birds were singing. I sure miss my mommy! It was pretty neat, though. My brother's new brother-in-law has been researching our family history. I found a couple of my family's graves while I was there. Cemetaries are not so scary. A lot of history & love buried there.


It's been a good day, all in all. Hopefully, we'll know about Sandy next week.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I hope your little dog is doing better. They are so much a part of the family.
    Cemetaries don't scare me either. Whenever I go visit my family in Okla. we go to the cemetary where so many of my family are buried. It is always good.
    Have a nice weekend Karen.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet Beth! I love that little dog so much!

    You have a great weekend, too!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, I'll be praying for you and your sweet little Sandy. Hopefully it will not be anything serious. We have a precious little doggie, too, and she is so important to our family. They are little gifts from God. Our Addie loves to go on road trips, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Shari! I used to hate dogs and then Sandy was brought into our lives & I just can't stand to think of anything happening to her. Thank you for your prayers! Blessings to you, your family & Addie! They sure make coming home fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, how is Sandy doing? I hope she is ok. Are you working on Pages?
    Hope your week is going good for you.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should know something this week. Keep her in your prayers, please! She feels fine. She acts like it doesn't even bother her.

    Yes, another Pages coming up!

    Have a good one!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete